Saturday, September 15, 2012

48 HOURS?!!?!

If you've read the latest update, you know that we are making steady progress in several key areas. Well, I walked into the NICU yesterday and they had a few surprises for me...First, they moved Sloan into a new home! She is now in a bassinet!

I love my new home! 
Second, the nurse said something to the effect of "now they are looking for 48 hours of good feeds". I thought, 'oh that is good, we'll see if she's really learned how to eat well'...then the nurse added "then she can go home". 

SAY WHAT?!!?!?!!! 

That's right - Sloan has to give us 48 hours of good feeds (all from the bottle or mom) and then she is free to come home! Dad was there tonight when they took out her feeding tube tonight. Here is the first shot of a tube-free Sloan Loudis!!


Let the 48 hour countdown begin...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love to you all...think of you all the time...thoughts and prayers and much love are with you! aunt b and uncle john